Skip to main content

VOCATIONAL REHAB. in the state of Virginia

Bristow, VA |

If the vocational rehab does not work out approximately when does the adjuster say enough is enough and stop it or does it go on forever. Secondly, I am awarded SSA Disability for a sickness other than the work comp injury which occurred soon after the injury (and was probably the initiating factor), so now can the adjuster say ,'ok this guy is getting disability benefit so lets see how we can knock out his workers comp. because now he is a big liability and burden as long as he remains on the work comp benefit with them. My hospital bills every month is around $70 K , which fortunately my wife's insurance is picking up after I lost mine due to the injury.
What safety net precautions are there to prevent insurance companies from threatening.?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You might want to seek an attorneys advice as it sounds like you have a significant case.

Vocational rehabilitation can go on indefinitely, but as you have probably realized, the goal is often not so much finding you a job as it is creating another set if hurdles for you to comply with or else lose compensation.

An aggressive attorney can help you turn the tables and maximize your rights.

Even without an attorney, be sure to stand up for your rights and push back against tactics that are not flag eared toward helping you move on. These me rehab counsel lots, though often implicitly working for insurance companies, have a professional responsibility to help you and you should call then in it of they fail to do so.

Seth Carroll is licensed to practice in Virginia only. The preceding is for information only and should not be construed as legal advice. Always call a lawyer directly for advice.


My clients have had mixed bag success with long term vocational rehab. Ask yourself the question, am I simply meeting to meet or am I making progress? If the former, consider an attorney alas you may be in a pattern where you are being set up for a technical denial.


I suggest you meet with an attorney who can talk about workers' compensation and Social Security benefits. If you do not have an attorney, there are a number of good attorneys in your area, some of whom you can find here on Avvo. Use the “Attorney Finder” feature of Avvo for help with that.

You can find a Board certified specialist in Social Security by contacting the National Board of Trial Advocacy. They evaluate lawyers (independently) in many types of claims and require extensive experience and testing before a lawyer is certified. They have a section specifically for Social Security: The National Board of Social Security Disability Advocacy, Divisions of the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification.

Their link is:

You may also contact your local city, county or state bar association to see if they have a lawyer referral program, or you may contact your local legal aid office if you cannot afford an attorney. If there is a law school in your area, you may contact their legal clinic as well. Or, use the “Attorney Finder” feature of Avvo for help with that.

Finally, you may also contact the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR) for the name and email address or telephone number of attorneys in your area. The telephone number for the lawyer referral service of NOSSCR is 1-800-431-2804. NOSSCR's website is

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you!
Please remember to designate a best answer to your question.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer