Skip to main content

Visitor/student visa during divorce

New York, NY |

I am going through divorce and lost my current visa status because my husband moved to a different visa. Divorce is still pending. I applied for b2 visa change of status. What are my chances of approval. Can I get an extension of b2 if approved just living on spousal support until I wrap up divorce around end of 2013. I also have a children shared custody. No other earning. What visa can help me stay back in the country. I eventually want to be here and have worked here for an year.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is a question you should find an attorney hose practice is limited to both family law and immigration, nothing else. Those two combined areas in one attorney will suit you best.

Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California and may be reached at (831) 233-3558 and offers free consultations. The response provided in this forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information offered in this response is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without further consultation with a legal professional after all relevant facts are disclosed and considered. DANIEL S. WILLIAMS, ESQ. LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL S. WILLIAMS 500 LIGHTHOUSE AVENUE, STE. A MONTEREY, CA 93940 (831) 233-3558 -- OFFICE (831) 233-3560 -- FAX


This is a question to post in the immigration section.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.


This is less a divorce question than an immigration question. A B2 is a tourist visa... it can not be extended under most circumstances. You should discuss your situation in detail with an immigration attorney.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer