VISA PETITION I130 issue

Brooklyn, NY |

The petition for my wife was received on April, 9, 2013 in National Benefits Center. In the processing times of uscis I see that published on June 18, they have put the pocessing up to April, 30 of this year. AND I don't see the i130 is processed in that Center. I checked and saw that the address where I sent my wife's stand alone i130 is the right one I should have send it to but I dont see processing times for forms i130. What could be happening here ?

The California Service Center is sending I-130's to various local offices as well as other service centers for processing.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

You would have to ask USCIS.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Case is not beyond normal processing times till 30 days after the date listed on as current processing date.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

The I-130 petition was most likely sent to 131 South Dearborn 3rd FL, Chicago, IL 60603, correct? This is just a "lockbox" where they collect the money and then they forward the petition to a service center. I do not know what their criteria is for determining which service center to send it to but I can tell you that I do not really pay attention to those processing times. My estimate on spouse I-130 petitions is anywhere from 4-8 months.