Skip to main content

USCIS application I-821D, Question Number 9, Country of Residence.

Beaumont, CA |


We are currently debating on a DACA forum on what the correct answer would be for question number 9 "Country of Residence" on the application I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

In your opinion, is this question asking for your current Country of Residence, as in the country in which you are currently residing in, which would be USA. Or, is the question asking for the Country of Last Residence, which would be the country in which you Resided prior to entering the United States.

Keep in mind that in order to qualify for DACA, you must have lived in the USA for the past 5 years continuously, so we have resided here in the U.S. for the past 5 years AT LEAST.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


For the I-821D, the country of residence is where the applicant is physically living. Therefore, it should be the United States.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.


I do not need to keep in mind. I know. Thank you. State USA.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.





USA. Good luck!

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


Current country. USA.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer