US citizen starting a business in the US from Canada?

New York, NY |

I am a US citizen currently studying in Canada.
If would like to start a business, however my location is Canada, would it be possible to REMOTELY launch a business in the US while in Canada?
Please let me know about the prerequisites for starting a business in the US. For example do I need a bank account? and do I need an official workspace (property) rented/bought in the name of the company? Or can I just work from my apartment in Canada/USA?
Important information: I was born in Chicago (Illinois) and plan to start the business in either New York or San Fransisco, and currently I am in Toronto (Ontario).
Thank you.

It is possible to remotely start a business while you are physically in Canada. But since you are probably on a student visa in Canada, you need to check Canadian law to see if you are authorized to work there. The self-employment may be frowned upon by the Canadian authority.

Sincerely yours,
Oliver Huiyue Qiu, Esq.
Tel: 646-820-7658
Fax: 646-537-2608
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1271, Union, NJ 07083
Office Visit: 5 Penn Plaza, 23rd FL, Manhattan, between 33rd St and 8th Ave (By Appointment)
Email: esqoliver@gmail.com
Website: www.visaiam.com

(646) 820-7658 Mr. Qiu is a co-chair of American Immigration Lawyer Association's New York chapter Federal Practice Committee. This response should not be deemed as the creation of attorney/client relationship. Legal advice should be sought with a competent immigration attorney.

Thank you. The Canadian law does NOT let people on work permits start their own business. Given such a law, could a second person (Canadian) start a business and have me hold the entire stake of the company in the background? Legal?