Skip to main content

US Citizen

Los Angeles, CA |

If I am automatically a US Citizen (I meet all the requirements on the USCIS website) to apply for form N-600, but haven't applied for it, and currently a green card holder class IR7 (Child of a USC), am I deportable if I don't get that certificate but for a fact I meet all the requirements within Immigration laws? as explained on their website.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you are still unsure and confused after reading all the materials on the USCIS website, then that's the perfect sign for you to want to schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer to analyze your case and show you how to proceed.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Certificate does not make you a citizen. It is thoroughly explained in the very website which makes you think you are a citizen. You are either a citizen or not. As of now, the United States Government does not yet deports its citizens. Sometimes errors happen but those are promptly corrected when discovered.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I suggest you consult with an immigration attorney as normally it would be in your best interests to obtain U.S. citizenship unless you are from a country which does not recognize dual citizenship and there is some benefit to you to retain that country's citizenship.
Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law



I'm from Mexico and been a Permanent Resident since '06 through my father who is a USC and he got Naturalized as a baby, and he lived in the US the first 16 years of his life and graduated High School, but never married my mother who at the time was undocumented.