US Citizen - Wife (India)

Broomall, PA |

I130 approved - letter states wait 30 days - (we waited) - called NVC on the 40th day, file has not been received? Sent email for inquiry and research? Does any know what is the time frame for NVC to receive the petition? Why NVC does not have the petition already? Is this a cause of concern? Please explain how to determine your priority date as well? kindly respond thanks in advance.

Yes, about 6-8 months.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Why so long? Its already been 6 months. Can u advise any info for the other questions especially about why nvc said we donot have ur petition. Thanks

Look at your I-130 approval does it indicate consular processing or that the beneficiary is in the U.S.? If consular processing and the Priorirty Date is current contact USCIS to track the I-130. If the Priorirty Date is not curernt then be more patient. Your Priority Date is established as the date teh I-130 was received at USCIS. Is your Petitioner a USCi or LPR? what is the relationship of the Petitioner to you?

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Im a citizen hear in the USA. My wife is in India. The letter states consular action. Please help me determine the priority date. I applied for my wife in November, 2012. Please Help.

Lynne Rogers Feldman

Lynne Rogers Feldman

Since you are a U.S. citzien applying for your wife -- she is an immediate relative and her Priority Date is available immediately. Technically it is November 2012 but that doesn't matter as immediate relatives process right along from I-130 to NVC to consular interview with no concern for Priority Date.

Lynne Rogers Feldman

Lynne Rogers Feldman

call USCIS to find out where the I-130 is.

So, this means that the visa bulletin does not matter in this petition? The letter states that it has been to Portsmouth, NH and NVC will determine which consular post is appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. Just a thought, why isn't there a case number assigned to this petition yet? I called NVC, but they donot have file on record? I will call USCIS to follow up.

It takes the CIS several months to transfer the file to NVC. Also, you need to check to see if your priority date is current.

800-688-7892, www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

How do I check for the priority date. I applied for mu wife in November, 2012. Im a citizen, do I need a priority date due to the fact that my wife is immediate relative? Please help me I have called USCIS and they said that they alright send the file to NVC.? Please help. Thanks.

Anu Gupta

Anu Gupta

go online and google "Visa bulletin". you can subscribe to it.