Skip to main content

Upon expiry of F1 student visa when the study course has completed, how long a student can stay in US? if she could not get work

Atlanta, GA |

What are possibilities to extend her stay to a maximum, while she looks for and finds work.

Unpon exiry of student visa is there anyway that chidren can stay with us citizen grandparents or auncle aunties if student had to leave on expiry of visa.

Children age 12,6, 4. (student) mother age 40. eloborate on adoption please. I thinkpetition by grandparents for children and gandchidren may take 6-7 years.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


As to second set of questions, garnparents and aunts have to legal right to petition their grandchildren and niece/nephews respectfully. If they are with you under the F-1 status you have then they need to leave when you leave.

The first series of questions should be directed to the educational agent responsible for the SEVIS reporting and compliance requirements. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


Adootion is an option.
Grandparents can petition for parents and include children. How old are the children?
You are welcome to contact me if you this is urgent.


60 days

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer