Skip to main content

Unwanted guest removal

Colorado Springs, CO |

In Colorado Springs, how do I evict my adult daughter and her boyfriend, who refuse to work, do chores, or pay their way in this world and refuse to leave. They have a young child.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unfortunately, if you have allowed them to take up residence in your home, either through a formal or informal agreement and they refuse to leave upon your request, you'll have to evict via the judicial system.
The first step is written notice of a violation of the lease with an opportunity to cure, or a notice to quit (stating that you do not intend to renew for the next rental term.) Choosing the correct notice is critical and is determined by the type tenancy and duration of the lease period. Evictions of this type are not simple and are very fact specific. You should consult with an avvo attorney regarding the specific facts of your case before getting started. This could save you from loosing in court based on a faulty notice.
Good Luck!

Donald at Robinson and Henry, PC at (303) 688-0944 or The above information is provided to you “AS IS,” does not constitute legal advice and we are not acting as your attorney. Because we do not have a full view of the facts in providing the above information we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site and its associated sites. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case and the information provided to you may not be an appropriate fit in your case. Nothing here is provided or should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. This postings is for educational and information purposes only, not legal advice or legal opinions. The information is not intended to create a lawyer-client relationship between the author and you.


Mr. Eby is correct and I would suggest that you hire him. You are going to have to go through the eviction process of Serving them with a Notice to Vacate and then a Summons and Complaint in Unlawful Detainer.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.


The other commentators are correct. If they won't leave when you ask them to, then you'll need to go through the eviction process. You can find some forms and directions on the Colorado Judicial Branch website, but you'd be better served by talking to someone like Mr. Eby.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer