Skip to main content

Unused HOB

Bellevue, WA |

Below is my question , can you please ask your brother on this ? - I am currently working on LB for Company ‘A' - I Applied H1b through Company’B' and it got approved ( 2011 ) for that I never worked or joined . My Question is : 1 . While working on LIB for Company'A' can I have my unused H1 transferred to Company'C' directly and join them ? Note : I don’t have any i797 approval notice with me and only thing I have is my Heb receipt No . 2 . if my H1 petition got expired , but still can I use this to apply new H1 under cam exception ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You really need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with Charles. If company B filed the petition seeking change of status and it was approved, you should have joined company B and maintained H-1B status. If it was filed for consular processing, you are good. You should seek assistance of a competent immigration attorney to guide you further.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.