Skip to main content

Unsafe work place

Bay City, MI |

i work for kroger and had a bad allergic reaction to something in my department and was sent to urgent care i had a drs. slip to have the next day off and was told i shouldnt of took that day off because i could of worked . so when i went back to work i again got another reaction i went into the office and showed my store manager and she said dont think im sending you to the clinic again and sent me back to work which my hands arms and face were all effected by the end of my shift. i am still working in the same dept. and still having reactions today i came home do to my face swelling and lips i feel they are not doing what the should be doing to help me with this problem i am scared to work because of these allergic reactions they burn hurt and could be fatal.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


So WHAT's your question?
Speak to an employment attorney ASAP.
If something is causing you an allergic reaction
then you have to decide if you still want to work
for Krogers or not. They MAY be negligent or
not. Report them to MIOSHA immediately.
Good luck!



You should probably go see your own doctor and find out what it is about your work environment that you are having a reaction too. If it is something in your work environment and Kroger will not transfer you, then contact an attorney that specializes in work compensation. If you do call MIOSHA be prepared for Kroger to find a reason to end your employment. If they do, then you may have a case under the Whistle blower Act but this statute has a 90 day statute of limitations. Which means you have to file suit within 90 days of the adverse employment action.

Each employment situation has unique facts and circumstances. This means that information and advice cannot be taken literally and should be used as only informational. The information provided here is not legal advice and should not be interpreted as such.


First and foremost, take care of yourself. Your health is worth more than any job. Second, you should contact an employment attorney immediately. It doesn't sound like this is going to end well for you, and you're better off having advice during the events that are coming rather than getting advice after they've already occurred. Most attorneys who handle situations like yours, myself included, offer free consultations - by phone, by videoconference, or in person. I hope you're able to figure out what's causing the reaction, and that all of this works out for you in the end. Take care.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer