Skip to main content

Unpaid Commissions - Retaliation

Stamford, CT |

I am transferring within company after my Manager and Regional lied to me and said I couldn't because of sale of location. HR told me that was not true and I can transfer. Ever since I was approved for transfer and made a few good faith complaints my Manager has been finding ways to rip me off on my Commissions. She is saying my files are incorrect or missing when there are emails documenting why they are incorrect and/or missing including someone stealing file out of my desk. This is the 3rd time this is happening and I want to sue , will anyone here take the case?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you can prove that your employer unlawfully withheld commissions you may be able to sue. You can also try and file a claim for unpaid wages with the CT Department of Labor. I would start there first because unless there's a very large amount of money you are owed, it may not make sense to sue and you will find it difficult to find legal representation.


More information is needed pertaining to how you were being ripped off and what you were entitled to in terms of a commission. Under the circumstances, it would be in your best interest to talk to an attorney to fully vet the facts of your situation so that you can obtain a full understanding of what your legal rights might be. Moreover, it is quit possible that you may not be the only one this is happening to. Most lawyers would probably give you a free preliminary consultation.

Best of Luck

William J. Lasko
Law office of Wm Lasko
482 Summer Street, 2nd Floor
Stamford, Conn. 06903
tel 203 329-6602

William J. Lasko is an experienced New York, Connecticut and Washington, D. C., licensed attorney who focuses his practice primarily on employment law, personal injury and estate matters. Mr. Lasko, has been in practice for more than 23 years, represents clients throughout New York, Connecticut and Washington, D. C.. More information is available at This response is for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. Additionally, this response does not create an attorney client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer