Skip to main content

Unlawfully detained, defamation of character and racial discrimination

Yucca Valley, CA |

I dropped my uncles debt card and picked it up, a customer reported me as a thief, my friend used the card, we forgot cigarettes, I went back to get them, entered the correct pin, and got carded+detained and escorted outside, they took the card and charged for the cigarettes. It was a black manager and I feel like I have been racially discriminated because I'm white. They claimed I had the wrong pin but I have the record of it being charged, it was humiliating pls inform me on what I can do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


These facts don't support a sound lawsuit. Stuff happens. Move on.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.


The best thing to do is move on. From what I can make of your facts, they do not form a basis for any viable legal claims. I am sorry.

This answer is a general interpretation of the law and is not fact specific to your case. Likewise it does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for a review of your specific facts and documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer