Unlawful termination- what do I put on future job application and what do I say in job interview?

Hoffman Estates, IL |

I was terminated because of medical leave of short term duration. How do I explain this? Employers usually reveal only dates of employment and job title. At the same token, I'm nervous if I tell prospective employers that I was laid off because of decreased sales, that would hurt any potential litigation because that can be uncovered through discovery.. Also, if I get into specifics, employers will suspect the company acted illegally.

Hard to decipher your question, so I suggest you speak to an experienced employment lawyer, particularly if you have a possible disability discrimination case. Most of us will provide a free consultation.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. You should be aware that no attorney-client relationship is established through this answer and none will be established without a personal consultation and the signing of an engagement agreement.

Consult in person with an employment law attorney.