Skip to main content

Under FL residential landlord tenant laws what is the procedure for eviction if there is no written lease

Orlando, FL |

My nephews girlfiriend is living in their home along with my sister. There is no lease, however, the girlfriend and my nephew are breaking up and she refuses to leave. Does she have to be evicted, and if so, how do i do it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes. If she refuses to leave you will have to evict her. The Orange County Court has an eviction packet you can buy at the courthouse. If you do not think she will hire an attorney, then you can probably do it yourself. If she gets an attorney and you make a mistake in the process, you could end up paying the attorney's fees after the eviction is dismissed.