Unclaimed money discovery

Newark, NJ |

I was told that I would have to pay a fee of $24.90 so I did. and what's the crazy thing is they knew my sister's name and one old address without me telling them. they assigned a rep to my case then I was told I would get an email from someone in 1-3 business days. since I now know this is a scam, how do I get my money back without them charging my cc again? do I need to get a replacement card to avoid this?

You should contact your credit card company and advise them of the situation. They should give you a new card. You can also dispute the charge with the bank. You may also have a claim against the company under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act. I suggest that you contact an attorney if you wish to discuss your options in greater detail.

If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer". Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Peter J. Lamont, Esq. Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2, Hawthorne, NJ 07506 Phone: (973) 949-3770 Fax: (866) 603-0471 Toll Free: (855) NJLAW01 (855) 655-2901 www.peterlamontesq.com Additional Offices in New York, Monument, CO, San Juan, PR and affiliates throughout the country. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.