U visa processing time

Quincy, MA |

At the time of filing of my U visa petition, I was told that it will take USCIS six months to process my case.
According to the latest processing times on USCIS website, date of cases which are processed has not really moved forward for the past few months.
Should I expect a delay in the processing of my case?

Yes. The USCIS works in mysterious ways. Working very fast is not one of them.

Hello,

Yes, it could be longer than six months, unfortunately. Processing times change a lot from month to month depending on the volume of applications received, the current case priorities for the Immigration Service, current staffing, and several other factors. As well, processing times are averages, so some cases take longer than average.

Most of my U visa clients over the last year received responses approximately 10 to 12 months from the date of filing, if that is helpful.

Best wishes,
Jennifer

Ms. Doerrie's answer to your question is general in nature, as not all facts and circumstances relating to the specific person(s) and situations involved are known to her. Ms. Doerrie recommends consulting with an immigration attorney regarding your specific facts and circumstances prior to making any legal decision or submitting any form or application. This response does not create an attorney/client relationship.

U processing times vary greatly.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.