Skip to main content

Trying to see if I have a warrant based on court records?

Denton, TX |

08/23/2010 Affidavit for Arrest Warrant
08/23/2010 Complaint and Information (OCA)
09/01/2010 Docket Notice Returned
10/12/2010 Application for Court Appointed Attorney & Financial Affid.
10/12/2010 Finding Regarding Indigence
10/12/2010 Arraignment hearing (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Bridges, Joe)
11/09/2010 Reset
11/09/2010 Certificate of Call
11/09/2010 Appearance (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Bridges, Joe)
Result: Judgment Nisi
11/15/2010 Reset
01/11/2011 Reset
01/11/2011 Plea Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Bridges, Joe)
02/01/2011 Plea Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Bridges, Joe)
Result: Reset
02/14/2011 Docket Notice Returned
DEF; RTS NDAA;2.22.11
02/22/2011 Reset
02/22/2011 Plea Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Bridges, Joe)
03/22/2011 Plea Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Bridges, Joe)
03/31/2011 Docket Notice Returned
DEF;RTS NDAA;4.19.11
04/19/2011 Certificate of Call
04/19/2011 Plea Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Bridges, Joe)
Result: Judgment Nisi
04/20/2011 Judgment Nisi Filed
10/06/2011 Docket Notice Returned
Def;rts insuficient address;10.18.11
10/18/2011 CANCELED Plea Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Bridges, Joe)
Case Disposed
10/18/2011 Attorney Fees Expense Claim Form
10/18/2011 Defendant's Application for Deferred Adjudication
10/18/2011 Notice of intent to destroy evidence/ waiver of preservation
10/18/2011 Trial Court's Certification of Defendant's Right of Appeal
10/18/2011 Admonishments and Waiver
05/07/2012 Motion to Proceed with an Adjudication of Guilt (OCA)
05/09/2012 Warrant Sign-Off Sheet
06/05/2012 Appearance on Motion to Adjudicate Guilt (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Bridges, Joe)
Financial Information

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It is difficult to tell from these docket entries. You can call the Denton County sheriffs department to find out. If you never posted a bond on the warrant that was issued when the motion to adjudicate was filed, I would imagine you do have a warrant.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


From the above, there is no indication of an outstanding warrant being issued except for the May 9, 2012 entry of the Warrant Sign-Off Sheet. Did the defendant appear at the June 5th 2012 appearance on Motion to Adjudicate Guilt? If not, there is probably a warrant which is not filed in the court records as it probably has not been "returned" (also called served and where the deputy certifies the arrest of the individual in the warrant) to the court. A better indication would be to call a law enforcement agency such as the sheriff's office or a police department.

Sometimes a call to the probation department will also reveal if there is a warrant outstanding. If a warrant is outstanding, the defendant can make arrangements to turn himself/herself in and this is often rewarded, however the longer they are absconding, the less the reward might be. If there are some considerations to be made about why the motion to proceed with adjudication, sometimes that deferred status can be saved, but that is very fact, court, and prosecutor dependent. A consultation with an attorney can assist greatly in working this matter out to get this behind him/her. Good Luck

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.


I would contact the police and inquire - you will likely be able to pay a fine and lift the warrant if the judge knows you instigated the contact, instead of waiting for sweeps - which is when the police pick up everyone with a warrant.