Skip to main content

Trying to collect from a past tenant

Oroville, CA |

I have done searches to find them. But have not been lucky. But they are regulars at the local casino. is there a way that I can attach there Social Security number to if they get any winnings from a casino that I am paid off first???? what I am looking for is a way to attach there SSN for a past judgement that is owed to me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

I agree with Mr. Farrell, but would add this:

If you know the tenants frequent the casino, you know where to find them to serve the lawsuit for the unpaid money or, if you already have a judgment, to serve subpoenas and orders to appear for examination and what not. Enforcement of judgment, not help from the SSA, is the way to get the money, unless they pay you to settle the lawsuit when you sue them.

Good luck.


This is really a debt collection matter, so I will try to repost. But the short answer is no, there is no way to "attach" a social security number. SSA will not release any information or take any action like that.


The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Attorney Paul is correct. If you have a judgment that you are attempting to enforce, hire a process server to hand them the necessary documents in person - at the casino.

The Social Security Administration will not release the information that you are looking for.

Good luck to you.

Andrew W. Norfleet, Esquire Helping disabled individuals throughout Pennsylvania. DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania and is personal in nature, not professional in nature. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality


Remember that before you hire a lawyer that you may not be able to collect on this type of person. Usually people who do not own (but rather rent) and who gamble are judgement proof.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer