Skip to main content

Trespassing charge & i already did two months locked up what will happen?

Liberal, KS |

Ive been locked up for 2 months waiting for my sentencing at the game i was there for and hour i decide to leave and i got arrested he never told me to leave the game

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I assume you have retained a criminal defense attorney to represent you. If not, do so immediately. If you cannot afford private counsel ask the court to appoint you a public defender at the next court date. You state that you are awaiting "sentencing", so I assume you have entered a plea of guilty.

I don't practice in KS, but in most states, criminal trespassing is a minor criminal offense, absent any unusual facts. In my state, KY, the time you have already spent in pretrial detention would be more than enough to resolve the penalty phase of the sentencing. Good luck. We have several avvo lawyers on this site that practice in KS, I'll defer to their responses.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


I agree with the above attorney's advice

the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer