Skip to main content

Travelling outside U.S. convicted of Disorderly Conduct in NYC.

Jamaica, NY |

I have green card from 2005 and I was arrested and convicted of Disorderly Conduct in New York City in 2012 for harassing my girlfriend. The Conditional Discharge ended in Nov. 2013 and its sealed now. I have no other convictions. I'm planning to travel outside USA in 3 weeks. My question is, are they going to stop me upon re-entry? I heard you don't get deported for Disorderly Conduct. But I just want to make sure that it's safe to travel before I become citizen. Please advice me. Thank You.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should be fine.


Anything related to domestic violence is problematic for immigration purposes, but with a conviction of Disorderly Conduct (as opposed to Harassment) you should be okay. If I were in your position, I would check with an immigration attorney to make sure.


Disorderly conduct is not among criminal convictions that make you inadmissible.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer