Skip to main content

Traveling out of the country with a minor (Vacation)

Lake Worth, FL |

I have a minor daughter and will like to travel out of the country for one week, to visit her grandmother. Father has her passport and will not give it back and also refuses to sign an authorization. Can I get an authorization from the Court?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can file a motion for authorization to travel and to compel passport. The father would have to have a very good reason to prevent you from traveling, such as, for instance, you are traveling to a dangerous part of the world or traveling to a part of the world where the courts of that area would refuse to honor U.S. law if you decided not to return with the child (Japan and parts of the middle east are examples of areas where courts refuse to force the return of children to the U.S.).

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer