Skip to main content

Traveling abroad after filing I-751

Moorhead, MN |

I have filed I-751 to remove conditions on my residence. I already got my biometrics appointment and received a NOA saying that my status is extended for a year and I'm allowed to travel and work. I planned a vacation back to my home country. I was wondering if I can leave the country with my expired green card and NOA?thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Based on the Notice of Action indicating CIS accepted your I-751 and extended your stay for one year, yes you can travel abroad. In addition to taking the notice with you, you should consider having CIS stamp your passport with an extension stamp prior to departing.