Transfer of house arrest

Utica, NY |

Trying to get house arrest transferred from pa to ny I meet all criteria for the ICAOS mandatory transfer. The judge and attorney general for the sending state are ok with it but the probation department doesn't want to allow it. What can I do????

You don't identify which jurisdiction's probation department is holding this up. You need the assistance of an attorney in that jurisdiction to help resolve the difficulty.

Pa and I have a lawyer

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

That's good. That attorney should be your sole source of information and advice unless and until you are not satisfied with their representation. Understand please, no offense is intended by my additional remarks.

No offense taken i was just looking for more input and what other lawyers had to say about the situation. I feel that learning what others think can assist me in asking the right questions to my lawyer which in turn can help my situation. Thanks for the input

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

I appreciate your motivation, and in you in particular may be able to utilize responses received in that limited fashion. What I know from experience here and in my own practice, outside sources of legal information (friend, relative, cellmate, Internet, other attorneys) run a high risk of confusing the client and negatively impacting the attorney/client relationship. Hope things go well for you.

Probation department of NY or PA... Contact and hire an attorney in one of those jurisdictions.

Pa probation and I have a lawyer