Skip to main content

Traffic Violation - 1110A - Plead Guilty/Not Guilty?

New York, NY |

I recently got a summons for making a left turn at a "No Left Turn" crossing in Brooklyn. Should I plead guilty or not guilty? Do I mail it in, go in person, or do it online? I tried to do it online but the ticket number was not in the system yet. Is that ok since it says I have to reply within 15 days? It's been 8 days and the ticket is still not in the system.
I don't mind paying the fine but I don't want to get the points on my license. If I plead guilty and I have to pay the fine and get the points, can I take the points reduction course to reduce the points? What would be the fine I have to pay including additional fees? I don't have a previous record on my license.
Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can plead not guilty in person or online. Do not send in by mail. If you wait a little longer, the ticket will likely be entered in the online system shortly. I takes 2 to 4 weeks. You actually have over 30 days to answer so don't worry about the 15-day "deadline". If you not guilty, then you'll get a hearing date where you will either win or lose (i.e., no deals).

If you plead guilty or are found guilty after a hearing, then you can take the driver safety class to remove up to 4 points from your license. The fine will be around $150 for a first offense.

Matthew Weiss, Esq. <p> Weiss & Associates, PC <p> 212-683-7373 <p> <p> Since 1991, we have been making fighting all types of vehicle and traffic law matters as easy as possible.



Thank you! I forgot to mention, actually I am guilty of making the left turn but I didn't see the sign, so I wasn't sure whether to plead guilty/not guilty. Thanks.

Matthew Jay Weiss

Matthew Jay Weiss


You can still fight it (even if you are guilty). It is just harder to win (although no impossible).

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer