Trademark Cancellation proceeding at USPTO

Denver, CO |

Can I ask TTAB not to suspend a cancellation proceeding due to a federal court suit pending with similar claims? There is a motion before TTAB which will dispose of one of the claims that is pleaded in the federal suit and will make a world of difference if this claim is disposed of. It would practically knock out the federal suit.

Yes. You need to hire an attorney to handle this.

This is not to be construed as legal advice, and I am not your attorney, A conflict check and engagement letter would necessarily be required before any retention or attorney/client privilege exists.

Bruce E. Burdick

Bruce E. Burdick

Asker. Apparently "you can't handle the truth" and can't handle the proceeding or the suit.

There have been seven questions in the last few days asking about TTAB cancellation procedures. The questions have ostensibly come from Denver, LA, and Miami. Each question has been answered. I now think that all the questions come from the same person who is attempting to act as his own attorney -- to his detriment. For the next 10 days I will not answer any questions about TTAB cancellation proceedings.

The above is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

Bruce E. Burdick

Bruce E. Burdick

Its a TTAB question cancellation proceeding! Will that result in suspension of the proceeding or proceeding of the suspension [of such questions] or proceeding of the proceeding? We will be acting as our own attorneys in these proceedings.

Question cancellation proceeding at Avvo -- Can I ask you to suspend this never ending stream of TTAB cancellation questions? There were answers from Avvo attorneys that dispose of ALL of your pleaded questions in the Avvo suite of TTAB cancellation questions and it will make a world of difference in that Avvo suite if you will dispose of your incessant TTAB cancellation questions and hire an attorney. It would practically knock out the Avvo suite .

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.