Skip to main content

TPS for Syria, I-94 is about to expire & Continuously Residing (CR) Evidences needed?

Atlanta, GA |


I have a question regarding the TPS, I am preparing my mother application for the TPS for the first time, and her I-94 is about to expire (on September 16, 2013) is it ok that her application got received after her I-94 got expired by USCIS? Are they going to deny her TPS application if the application received after her I-94 expires, or it doesn't matter?

Re: Continuously Residing (CR) Evidence
I am not sure what to send for this requirement, since my mother doesn't have any rent contract, or utils under her name, she is been living with family since she arrived here to the US.

Can we get a letter from the local mosque here with a letter head, saying for example that she is a member of their congregation, so you think this alone would be sufficient as a CR evidence?

Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, it will be ok ... but not advisable, for the application to arrive after the 16th.

You can try to include AFFIDAVITS (letters that have been notarized under penalty-of-perjury) Just being a member of the congregation isn't much ... having seen her attend services on specific dates ... is.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.



thank you very much for your reply, who should i get the affidavits from? like friends or family you mean? if yes how many is sufficient?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


This is your mother ... don't you think it is worth spending some money on having an attorney help you to protect her from the situation that's taking place in Syria? I know that, if it was my mother, I'd be in a lawyer's office tomorrow.


You should hire an experienced immigration lawyer to assist you with this application, and for continuous residence requirement, it would be best to include affidavits, as well as letter from church.

Follow Gintare Grigaite, Esq. on Facebook (search for Gintare Grigaite, Esq.). Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.



NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



John Lassen 1-877-252-4630