Skip to main content

Totally disabled; NJ HUD "housing choice voucher"; notice to quit; poor credit; no $ 2 move or security deposit.

Jersey City, NJ |
Attorney answers 2


Depends on the suit venue. L/T court can only grant possession of the unit, not money damages. The other possible venues can give a money judgment and your LL can enforce it.


The landlord must first seek a judgment. He then may seek to enforce the judgment by asking the court to seize and sell our assets. It is a possisbility - but would take a long time.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer