Skip to main content

Today is court, charged with hit and run and filing a false report. Dont have a lawyer, how should I plead?

Zephyrhills, FL |

I go into court in three hours, please be quick about this.

I just got a job and I would love nothing more than to pay for damages, if time allows. I just don't want to lose my job, or end up in jail. No one was injured in the accident, I was the only person who was physically involved. The car I hit was parked and empty. I was already sent to jail for this, but since I was honest with the cop after he brought a paint chip that matched my car, he ROR'd me after only an hour or two in holding. I just want this over with, quite honestly.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

He is facing criminal charges for these offenses in Florida and NOT TRAFFIC TICKETS. This is why it is completely irresponsible and unprofessional for out of state non Florida lawyers to be commenting on or answering questions in Florida cases.

Daniel M. Berman This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.


I advise all my clients to plead NOT GUILTY! For a couple hundred bucks you can retain a traffic court lawyer, and it would be well worth it.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755


It is not 200 dollars as you are facing criminal charges not traffic charged but I am sure you can find a lawyer within your budget in your town.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.


You would want to retain a local criminal/traffic court lawyer. For two or three hundred dollars it would be worth it. You can search Avvo for a lawyer, or usually you will have a half dozen of these guys come up and solicit your business in the courthouse.

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630


Plead not guilty. That will, at a minimum, give you some time to think about how best to proceed. Don't make a decision to plead no contest or guilty without seeing what the evidence will be and consulting a lawyer about the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence and the applicability of the law any defenses you may have.

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer