Skip to main content

To continue my business in long term what visa status or resident-ship I need to acquire?

Charlotte, NC |

I am currently on L2 visa (valid till 2015) in US and I am planning to start a small business with my EAD which is valid till 2014.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What can be done cannot be determined piecemeal and without facts.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


E-2, if your country of citizenship qualifies.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.


If the US does not have a qualifying treaty of friendship, commerce &navigation with your home country, (the basis for an E-2 visa), then you need to be a permanent resident. The L-2 unrestricted EAD is not a long- term solution for a start-up business, and all potential paths to residence need to be explored. You and your L-1 spouse need to consult with an attorney to identify the options available to you.

This is general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.