Skip to main content

Ticket for soliciting.

Brooklyn, NY |

Can a police officer give a ticket for soliciting if someone shows up at a car accident and says they have a friend with a body shop who does great body work and arranges to bring the car to the shop? This is in Brooklyn NY no tow truck involved.And driver agrees to bring car to shop.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to give more information as to what the charge on the ticket was. This type of ticket has to do with "runners." They arrive at accidents by listening to police scanners and try to manipulate an accident victim to use a particular medical facility and body shop for their own profit.

If you found this helpful I would appreciate your clicking the "thumbs up" below.

If you want to learn more about my law firm access our website: . You can also learn more about me including my contact information on my Avvo profile

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.


It sounds like you should see an attorney to discuss this. If this is something you plan on doing again for your friend, you need to know what the laws are so you do not violate them.

You can learn more about me by clicking on my Avvo profile. Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.


Suggest you consult with a criminal attorney. Good luck


The reality is police can summons you for almost anything they want, whether or not the charge will sustain a motion to dismiss in court is another matter. To prove solicitation, the prosecution will have to show you solicited someone to engage in a criminal act. It's not clear to me, based on the facts you provided, what, if any, criminal act you were soliciting. Since this is a criminal charge, I recommend you retain a criminal defense attorney who can argue that the charges are legally insufficient and try to obtain a dismissal.

Should you wish to discuss this case further, please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Best regards,

Tom Kenniff

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer