Skip to main content

Three wks ago I was hit by a driver running a red light. The at fault guy accepted fault. Police ran tags and truck was insure

Lake Jackson, TX |

By parents. Now weeks later I find out the guy was an excluded driver. Yet parents stated o me over phone son had permission to drive truck. Was this not negligent of the parents to knowingly allow their son to drive a truck the son is excluded from Ina's a driver on policy. Worse since the truck was insured. He at fault guy did not get a citation. Is it not illegal to drive without insurance. I only have liability on my work van. Now not only am I without work transportation, but can not work overtime for lack of transportation. Now not any of th parents or at fault driver are returning my calls. This is wrong and it seems we have no rights.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The best thing you can do is to consult with a personal injury attorney in your area ASAP to help sort out these issues and help you recover for your damages. Let the attorney handle from where you can recover and contacting the responsible parties/insurance companies. Make sure you report this accident to your insurance company so you are not denied coverage if there is coverage in your policy.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Law Office of Sidney Weinstein, pursuant to an executed fee agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Sidney Weinstein,, (404) 522-3108.


You need a local personal injury lawyer to help. The good news is that most personal injury lawyers offer free consultations. Find the best PI lawyer in your area and set up a consultation immediately.

Robert Guest is a Kaufman County Criminal Defense Lawyer with offices is Forney, Texas, Irving, Texas and Kaufman, Texas. These answers are not legal advice. We do not have an attorney-client relationship, and my use of Avvo is not intended to form an attonrey-client relationship. Avvo is a limited forum and should never be used as a replacement for a consultation with a local attorney.


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.