Skip to main content

There is felony probation, and DUI probation. Is there such thing as probation for misdemeanor B harassment via text?

Galveston, TX |

I cannot find any cases online for probation as part of the fine. In Scott vs. State of Texas, he was fined 50 bucks & spent 2 days in jail. This was a precedent setting case in the clause 42.07 of Texas harassment law of which I stand accused. Essentially, I annoyed someone, I kid you not. My question is rooted in concern. I was arrested by a badgeless officer in my restaurant, thrown to the ground, and not told the charges. Pure Franz Kafka. No exaggeration. & now this: I have an attorney who insists this is a good deal. How might a corrupt court utilize such detail, when a decent man who knows too much, "violates" his parole? I am quite scared, if you haven't picked up on that. It is not just the fuzz in this town. This island is a moral swamp. Please help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Class B misdemeanor telephone harassment is punishable by up to 180 days in jail and $2000 fine. You can also get probation or deferred adjudication.

Talk to your lawyer and have him explain things to you again. Nobody can force you to plead to a case, including your attorney.


Yes, probation exists for all class b cases - if the state is willing to offer it. You should trust your attorney. If there are issues there, maybe consider having a sit-down with your attorney and if you still aren't happy, then hire another.

DISCLAIMER The answer provided above serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue.