Skip to main content

There is a warrant for my arrest for twice breaking a no contact order.i live in a different county.can they arrest me at home?

Edmonds, WA |

i was arrested for 4th degree battery.i arrested the next day for violating a no contact order. my fiance and i began talking, making plans for a future together.last night i received a call from a deputy telling me there is a warrant for my arrest. i live in a different county now. can they come to my house and arrest me or is this like a bench warrant?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

In my experience, law enforcement does not come to your home to make an arrest based upon a misdemeanor warrant. They do, however, make arrests during routine traffic stops (speeding, failure to stop or signal) if the counties are in close proximity.


Yes they can come to your house and arrest. Violating a Protection order is very serous. YOU need to go see a criminal defense attorney now.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements


It is like a bench warrant. They can come to your home. However, it is not uncommon for the other county to not come an arrest you. You would have to be transferred etc. It costs money. Sometimes, for smaller offenses they do not make much effort.

If you know there is a warrant - you should contact the courts and schedule a hearing for a warrant quash. Be prepared to go into custody.