Skip to main content

There is a new law that came in August. Regarding green card sponsor.

San Diego, CA |

is it true if some one have a green card only, now can sponsor his wife and give her the green card according to the new law? and how long the process take.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6

Best Answer

No new law.

Law Offices of Hasbini 619-200.8986. Free on phone and in office consultation.


There is no new law. It appears that you are referring to the fact that the F2A visa category, at this time, is "current" through September 2013. Although we are not sure, it appears that beginning in October 2013, the F2A category will go back to a waiting period before a beneficiary is eligible to apply for permanent resident status. I advise you to consult with an immigration attorney about the particular facts of your situation, to plan for the best options available.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


No new law. The priority dates for the family-based 2A category (spouses and children of green card hoPlease click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


No. It is completely false. There is no new law that came in August. In fact, there has been no new law since all the way back to 2005 when the REAL ID Act came along. The coming current of the F2A category priority is of little value to many as it is widely expected that it will retrogress again, come October. Talk to an immigration attorney. It is a good thing there is AVVO against which you can bounce various rumors to test their veracity. However, we cannot give you legal advice, which you might need very much. A private attorney on a confidential consultation might be able to, though.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


A totally utopian speculation.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


It is not true. There is no new law - it is exactly as it has been. A green card holder has been able to sponsor the spouse for quite a long time.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.