Skip to main content

There are warrants for my husbands arrest for domestic violence in Louisiana. I want to drop the charges but the Police tell me

Ringgold, LA |

I cannot until he is picked up. Can I drop the charges and have the warrants dismissed and he spend no time in jail. He has never done this before and I dont want him to get hurt while he is in custody.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


While it is possible not to cooperate, be very careful if you decide to drop the charges, you do not want to be charged with filing a false report. I suggest you contact a local dv attorney/family with criminal experience, to discuss your options. Best of luck.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


Yoy can speak with the District Attorney who is prosecuting your husband. The DAs do not like to drop these charges because they don't want to be responsible. You should sit down with an attorney to discuss how the process works.

This response does not creat an attorney client relationship. In all cases, I recommend you seek a paid consultation with an attorney with expertise in this area.