Skip to main content

The stalking was physical, police was called nothing was done. I moved to Broward County, and now the stalking has gone cyber

Orlando, FL |

What to do when your stalker, turned cyberstalker, even travels around the country just to have an untraceable history or I. p. address. It's hard to prove. But the stalked party can recognize " that signature style " of the repeat cyberstalking. FBI? Any sugestions. Thanks to attorneys that can help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Be sure to keep copies of all the digital evidence that he is cyberstalking you. It is a crime, a first degree misdemeanor, to cyberstalk someone. Here is part of Florida Statutes, Section 748.048:

“Cyberstalk” means to engage in a course of conduct to communicate, or to cause to be communicated, words, images, or language by or through the use of electronic mail or electronic communication, directed at a specific person, causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose.
(2) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(3) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person, and makes a credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear of death or bodily injury of the person, or the person’s child, sibling, spouse, parent, or dependent, commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

So, go down to the courthouse and start a petition for injunction. If he does not stop, and it can be proven that he did the stalking after an injunction was entered, he will be in deep trouble. One of the problems in these types of cases is the proof. Fortunately, on the civil side, you only need a preponderance of the evidence. Who else would do this to you? No one but him. Good luck

Robert Jason De Groot

Robert Jason De Groot


"substantial emotional distress" means more than just aggravating you.



You are awesome! Great helpful answer!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer