Skip to main content

The same day on February 15 during the assault my husband Saidee u want to leave get out of my house but not with my child i

San Antonio, TX |

wont let no man raise my child the day u take my child away that wail be the end of the 3 of us i will kill you keel him and myself . i did not press charges because the police officer said he may get out and i have no one in San Antonio . i want to go back to Maryland where i came from . i am waiting for my social security number i have a green card interview in march 25th i don't know if i can stay until then i fear for my son life and mine am afraid if i take my son with me to Maryland he may say i kidnap him please help me he belittle me he insulted me and he told me he will do whatever he wants with whoever he wants i can accept it or just get out please help me i know shelters are available but what if he found me and go along with his threat am losing it right now n am truly down emotional

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You should contact a shelter for victims of domestic violence or a resource center for abused women. Many of those centers have attorneys who help victims seek protective orders on a pro bono (free) basis. Also, they may be able to provide you with a place to stay if your partner is released from jail. You should contact an immigration attorney who can advise you what options are available to you as a victim of domestic violence. I agree with Mr. Moore, you may be successful in obtaining a protective order against him, which would also serve to protect your child.

Katherine Shipman's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


Get a family violence protective order against him. ContAct the Bexar County DA about that. If the DA won't help, contact the San Antonio Bar Association. Tell them you need help getting a protective order against your husband. The guy is dangerous. A protective order is a good first step. It's like a restraining order on steroids

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.


Get a protective order and get out of this situation as soon as possible, even if it means going to a shelter. Best of luck to you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer