Skip to main content

The plice have came to my home looking for me for a warrant for assault causes bodily injury but the charges were dropped

Dallas, TX |

Im currently on probation deferred adjudicated but im trying to lay low until i get the money to pay for a good lawyer to get this case dismissed is there anyone that can tell me if thats a good idea or not?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


it's unclear exactly what the situation is for you but as a general rule you will always be better cooperating with the law enforcement authorities. you really need to get ahold of a dallas criminal defense lawyer. if you do not know of one, your local county bar association will have a referral list. word of mouth is always a good source also. good luck.


I have changed the practice area. You need a criminal defense attorney to answer this question.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.


you need to communicate with a criminal defense attorney local who is part of this program asap.


No lawyer, certainly not on a public forum like this, will advise you to intentionally evade the police. Hire a local criminal defense attorney ASAP.


If they have a warrant for you, the charges weren't dropped. People often think the complaining witness gets to "drop the charges," but it is really up to the State. You are definitely going to need an attorney to handle this. If you are on probation, you are going to be arrested the next time you report. There will also be a probation violation filed and a warrant issued on that case. Most of us offer free consultations. I would start calling around now, so you know how much you need to save up for your down payment.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


Have a local criminal lawyer find out if there is still a warrant, and follow your lawyer's advice.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer