Skip to main content

The other adjuster wants to know if my medical bill were written off because its a huge factor in the settlement.

Catoosa, OK |

Do I have to tell him? He says he won't settle until he finds out. I had a medical bill for almost 11,000. Medicade and medicare payed about 1,100, the rest was totalled out. I have other bills and suffered much stress. Looking into writing a letter, which he said he may or may not consider. Any answers out there besides retaining a lawyer? I'm not sure if its worth getting a lawyer. I'm Waiting on what he has to offer. I'm curious as to what my claim is worth without hiring a lawyer first, and going from there. In case i do retain one, Are there any super friendly lawyers with great bed side manners and no pressure and not wanting 50, but also great at what they do? thanks!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Curiosity got the better of the cat. In this business you get what you pay for

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


I'm not admitted in Oklahoma, but it appears that Oklahoma adheres to the "collateral source rule", which may or may not apply to a Medicaid/Medicare situation. Whether you disclose the amount paid or not to the insurance adjuster, you will not truly know the value of your case unless you speak with an experienced attorney and give him/her ALL of the facts about your accident, your injuries and how it has affected you. It would be very difficult for lawyers to give your enough information through the internet for you to avoid hiring a lawyer to work on your case. If you have a good case, there will plenty of lawyers interested, so research, call around and set up as many free consultations as you feel necessary to find an attorney you are comfortable with.

Good luck.


The only advice I can give you is to consult and hire an attorney to represent you and protect your rights.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Study after study shows that when you have a lawyer you stand a much better chance of success and the additional money you recovers more than pays for the lawyer. Respectfully, if you had a broken arm you wouldn't set it on your own. Not sure why you would want to try this on your own.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.


You'd likely get a tiny fraction of what a lawyer could recover. Retain a top-rated personal injury lawyer with a low contingency fee, and get maximum compensation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer