The officer wrote down the wrong date on the summons. Is that sufficient grounds for a dismissal.

Woodbridge, VA |

I was pulled over for disobeying a stop sign by a County police officer in Prince William County Virginia on 11/29/09. The summons says to appear on 01/19/09 in two locations on the summons. One in the box where the officer writes in the date and location for the summons and in another spot on the summons next to my name (where there is no box calling for such information). I'm assuming he meant to put January 19, 2010.

No. Minor errors like that are not going to be your salvation. If you are confused by the dates on the ticket, call the court clerk and ask them to help you.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

That will not invalidate the citation.

minor facial erros are insufficient to cause a dismissal