Skip to main content

The judges office calledv and said they had change my court datei asked them do i have to searve her again they said they could

Atlanta, GA |

change of court date the judges office called saying that there would be court that day. they gave me a new court date.they said i had to let the other party know should they let her know by writing her a letter telling her the court date has been changed. do i have to searve her again myself

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should not be doing any court case without a lawyer. Without knowing why a date was reset, what court it is and what you filed there is no way to answer you.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


I would recommend that you seek the advice and representation of an attorney. If you do not comply with the service requirements for notice of a hearing, your case will not be heard by the Court and may even be dismissed by the Judge. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your case and to see if I may be able to assist you in getting your divorce finalized.