Skip to main content

The judgement in my criminal case includes an agreement between A.S.A. and my atty, signed by judge to get back some property

Tampa, FL |

This was a seized at the time of arrest.
I live out of state now, and would need to have a local friend get it and ship it to me. What do we do and can we do it on our own ie my friend go somewhere with the judgement order and get it on my behalf (where?) or must my lawyer do this for me? Sheriff involved not city police

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact the Sheriff's Office property section. Give them your name and agency case number (which will be on the initial police report). Since you are not picking up the evidence, the Sheriff will want a release form/power of attorney. Ask if they have a form they can send you (most Sheriffs do). Fill it out, get the original to the Sheriff and a copy to your friend along with a copy of the Judgment.

That should do it.

You don't need a lawyer.

Please note that my response to your inquiry does not establish a lawyer-client relationship. Nothing contained in this response should be considered by you to be "legal advice." If you are interested in retaining my services, please visit for my contact information.


Contact the Sheriff's office or contact your former attorney to assist you.


You can do it on your own by following my colleagues advice. If you get nowhere, you can hire an attorney to get a cour order or a writ of replevin issued.

The information provided is not legal advice from Criminal Defense Lawyer Albert Quirantes, or the Ticket Law Center in Miami, Florida. There is no attorney client privilege created in this communication. Do not send questions which are confidential in nature by either this venue or via email. Personal questions should be asked in person or via telephonic conference only. You should only ask theoretical questions of a general nature.