Skip to main content

The judge did not give me a chance to testify after witnesses against me took the stand, he denied looking at my evidence.

Winchester, VA |

Basically, I was a victim of assault and battery from my father, step-brother, step-brother's friend, and my mother was an accomplice. I was left with a concussion, bleeding of the ear drum, and emotional trauma. Placed a protective order on my brother because he was the one who did most of the damage to my head/brain, but my father lied under oath and placed the blame all on himself. Had recordings of my mother admitting they assaulted me and proof of my calls for help, pictures, medical papers, etc. Denied the right to talk after I was testified against (could ask my abusers' questions, but could not talk to the judge). He stated I was in my father's house (house I grew up in, in Maryland) and he had all the right to do what he did. Therefore, I lost the protective order court case. Help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Where did the event occur (Virginia or Maryland)? How long ago? Are you an adult? Were the police ever called as a result of this incident? Were any criminal charges filed in addition to the civil protection order you sought?

I am assuming you are an adult. If you are not an adult, you might want to call child protective services regarding the beating incident. If the event occurred in Virginia, or the Protection Order was sought in Virginia, then I would assume this hearing took place in the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. If so, you may note your appeal within 10 days of the judgment and have the matter reheard before a Circuit Court Judge. If the beating occurred within Virginia, and within the past year, you may see a magistrate and attempt to press charges against your brother/dad/mom. It would be a good idea to hire an attorney to help you if this matter goes to the circuit court.

If this event occurred in Maryland, consult with a Maryland Attorney or victim's advocate to discuss your options.

Best of luck.

The information provided herein is intended solely for educational purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please contact a local attorney for assistance with your matter.


FInd an attorney to file an appeal.

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.


Find local counsel to figure out if an appeal is appropriate. Move very quickly because there are time deadlines involved.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer