The INS approved and gave me a social security number on my asylum process, that I eventually was not granted.

Miami, FL |

I would like to know if that number expires when a process is not granted or still is under my name? What is the legal status of a ss number in my case? Thank You!

your social security number is yours forever. Your authority to work will no longer be there, but you will still be expected to pay taxes on any income.

I am a pretty smart guy, but I do not know everything. My answers here come from the knowledge I carry around in my head--if you want me to look something up, you should come see me. Take any advice here as being general in nature. Please be careful with your life and make decisions that are smart.

Thank you for ur advice and kind words

Social security administration gave you a social security number, not INS. Your SS# is yours forever. It is not evidence of any immigration status.

Thank you so much!!!

Yours forever...cherish it

Thank you!!!!!