Skip to main content

The inmates of tenn would like to file a class action lawsuit against the tenn board of parole

Memphis, TN |

parole violation charge.

And most of them had no legal representation ability to gather evidence or opportunity to respond to their accusers. Instead the review board makes a ruling based on a written statement from officers, the process is unconstitutional and calls for an overhaul that will allow juveniles and adult s due process and legal representation. The juvenile justice and correctional system is failing. Because more than half of incarcerated juvenile and adults were and is locked up over parole violations. The jail system is already over crowed and the citizens tax dollars are paying for more jails to be built. We the people will like to see changes in the way things are done and we are seeking monetary damages.

The inmates decisions in granting or denying parole have more to

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You have no right to parole, it's a privilege, so no violation of an inmates "rights." Sorry.

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.


Unfortunatly, Nothing in your post implicates the Constitution. There is no "right" to parole. Sorry to say that the prisoners have no case, no grounds to sue (at least non on the facts provided) and absolutely NO grounds for monetary damages.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


Further to my colleagues' answers, if there isn't a viable right of action as an individual case, you won't fare better by attempting to bring your case as a class action.

Legal Information is Not Legal Advice My answer provides information about the law based on the limited information provided in the questions asked and is not intended to provide legal advice or opinions, and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. The answer to the question is for educational and informational purposes only. The law differs in each jurisdiction and may be interpreted or applied differently depending on the jurisdiction or situation. Accordingly, I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss the details of your problem so you can get legal advice tailored to your particular circumstances. I am licensed to practice law in California, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.