Skip to main content

The family farm is co-owned by 4 family members. One is not paying his share of taxes, etc. What are our options?

La Crosse, WI |
Attorney answers 2


I'd suggest hiring an attorney ASAP if you can't cajole the family member into paying his share. Matt Cromheecke would be a good La Crosse attorney to talk to about this. His expertise in Real Estate and business law would be a good combination. Full disclosure: I work with Matt at Moen Sheehan Meyer.

ALWAYS mark answers you appreciate with positive feedback and select a best answer!<p><a href=""> Attorney Nicholas J. Passe</a><p>Disclaimer: Per the community guidelines, no attorney/client relationship is created by the asking or answering of questions on this web site, nor do the answers constitute legal advice. Always hire an attorney before making any important legal decisions. Posting details of a case on may be subject to discovery in criminal or civil litigation, so erring on the side of nondisclosure is wise.<p><a href="">Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd.</a>


I agree with previous counsel.

When you are looking for an attorney ask about getting a judgment of partition.

WALWORTH, ROCK and JEFFERSON County Divorce/Family Law Attorney - Atty Richard Missimer does answer questions on Avvo strictly to be helpful but these do not constitute legal advice. These answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help and are within my practice area, contact me at (262)565-8200 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer