The evidence of bona Aida marriage docs

Hello i live here in same apt with my sis . The lease agreement was made in her name , my husband and me living there together . I could not submit lease agreement because it is not under our names . We have tried to add our names on lease , but apt manager said they will charge us add $ 500 deposit . Ian thinking of submitting my dis's lease agreement , with her letter says we are living with her . i am not sure if it is good idea , please advise . . .

Best Answer

There is no point in making up evidence. If you don't have a joint lease, you need to provide other evidence of joint residence. And if there is no evidence at all, then focus on joint assets and liabilities, shared experiences, and other evidence of your relationship.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

is not good idea to submit my sis's lease agreement and letter is attached? could you please let me know what other joint residence evidence could be? i have one joint bank account statement , one joint dental insurance, ...can not think of anything else..our bills on our sis's name.

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Maybe you should push off the interview until you have the evidence you need that you and your spouse live together like husband and wife.

we already had an interview. we have submitted other evidence, but she was asking lease agreement.

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

If all you can do is get a letter from your sister, then that's what you must do. This e-mail and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the named addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the sender, at Immigration Attorneys, LLP by sending a reply e-mail or by phoning the sender at 312.661.9100 and permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you.

There are other ways to show bona fide marriage. A lease agreement is only one of them. Try get affidavits from your friends confirming the facts of your relationship.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

A letter from your sister is good, also consider affidavits; name on bills; bank accounts; both parties on insurance; important documents tying both parties to the listed address (payroll stubs); etc.

Information posted or made available on or through the Site, including without limitation any responses to legal questions posted in Avvo Q&A, information provided in Avvo Legal Guides, and any other comments, opinions, recommendations, answers, analysis, references, referrals or legally related content or information (collectively "Legal Information") is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney.

do affidavits should be notarized?

Tolulope O. Kuteyi

Tolulope O. Kuteyi

Yes the affidavits should be notarized, include the person's current address and phone number.

You can get an affidavit from your sister, not just about your living arrangement, but also attesting to your bonafide marriage. Also if you husband and you receive mail there, that would be good evidence too. I agree with the other answers about providing other evidence of joint financials.

Our law firm handles matters like these and will be glad to assist.

Bindi Parikh
Parikh & Prasad Law Group
bindi@path2immigration.com
(702) 492-4920

It would be ok if i write letter for USCIS, explaining the situation and get it notarized also?

Bindi Chintan Parikh

Bindi Chintan Parikh

You don't need to notarize your statement. You statement should be made under penalty of perjury. Please contact an experienced attorney to get the statement drafted correctly.