Skip to main content

The doctor has determine that I am permantly partial disable. I get I get workman comp but I want a settlement .

Savannah, GA |

I got hurt in 2011. The doctor says I'm partially permanently disable I get workmans comp but I'm waiting on a settlement from Zurich insurance. Do you think insurance with settle this case with a lump sum?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


They will probably settle, but will it be for a fair amount -- and do you really know what would be a fair amount? That's where it pays to have a lawyer. Don't short yourself in a settlement by trying to go it alone. Talk to an experienced WC lawyer. There is a lot to consider when looking at settling your case. Best of luck to you.


Yes I do. The permanent partial disability rating will be part of the total settlement. Other factors include future lost wage benefits that could be owed and potential future medical costs. Be aware that you will most likely have to sign a Letter of Resignation if you settle your case. You will not have to resign if you just get the money for the disability rating.

I think that this is a time when you would definitely want to discuss your case with a lawyer. Call me at 404-523-6100 if you would like to discuss your case.


Yes, the insurance company will likely want to settle your claim. You should speak with an experienced workers' compensation attorney to help you properly evaluate your claim and guide you through the settlement process.


It is most likely Zurich will settle through a lump sum at some point instead of paying you each week for which you are entitled to permanent partial disability benefits. However, prior to settling, I strongly recommend that you speak with a workers' compensation attorney to get the best possible settlement you can; one that will look out for your best interests medically and financially. If you would like to speak with me, please feel free to call.

I wish you the best, but you will only get a fair recovery with an attorney. It is not the insurance company's job to look out for you: they only look to get out of it as cheaply as possible. I know, I worked for them for years.


B. Shawn Rhodes
Powers and Rhodes


I agree with the other attorneys' answers. The insurance company will in all likelihood want to settle with you for a lump sum amount to close off their exposure for paying future medical benefits and future income benefits. I suggest you speak with an experienced workers' comp attorney to discuss the value of your case and assist you in working towards a fair settlement. I'll be happy to talk to you. 478-254-3519


They usually do want to settle but almost always require that you give up your job. Do you want to do that? If you don't you can still get the payment for the permanent impairment. you really should talk to a lawyer who is experienced in worj
Kers compensation law.


Sure they will but without a lawyer how will you know much is the appropriate amount? Plus, there are additional benefits that you may be entitled to that Zurich will not tell you about unless you know what to ask for. Depending on the circumstances of yout injury there may be third-party liability as well.

You should contact a workers compensation lawyer ASAP. If you like, I will give you a free initial consultation Contact me at
www.rgrothsteinlaw. com

Disclaimer: This response is provided to you for educational and informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate Best Answer to Avvo. Thank you.


Yes, I believe the insurance company would be interested in settling your case. If you are unhappy with your PPD rating, you may want to get a second opinion. There are many factors in determining the value of your cases. You should definitely consult with an attorney prior to settlement. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. 770-922-3660. Good luck.


Without knowing more about your case no one here can answer your question properly. You really need an attorney. I hope you have one. If you do your attorney knows your case and is the proper person to ask questions about your case. If you do not have an attorney and you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to give my office a call.

Darrell B. Reynolds,
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
Decatur, Ga. 30033

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer