Skip to main content

The court ordered a restraining order or no contact between me and my wife.her immigration status are still on process.

Port Orchard, WA |

there is a restraining order or no contact order between me and my wife. but her immigration status is on process right now and i'm the petitioner, we have to see each other and talk and must be present at the immigration office for our interview. and also, we have a child who is always looking for me and now having a hard time sleeeping without me on his side, i want this restraining order to be dropped. what is the best way to do and where to begin?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can file a motion to vacate the prior restraining order. However, the court does not automatically grant such a motion, out of concern for the victim. You have to present fairly clear reasons to get the court to vacate the order.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.


You do not mention who filed the restraining order and under what circumstances.

Nonetheless you may file a motion to vacate that restraining order with supporting evidence.